Hello you guys!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! Today I have a really fun post for you guys- Christmas nail art! This isn’t super Christmas-sy but if you choose more Christmas like colours it could be more Christmas-sy! It’s pretty sophisticated and I really like it so I hope you will too!
You will need:
- 3 colours (or more if you want!) (I used Claire’s’ “Gold Chain”, Rimmel’s “I Love Lasting Finish” polish in “239 Your Majesty” and Claire’s “Love Me Lots” but you can use whatever you want!)
- A base colour different from those above (I used Maybelline’s Colour Show Stripped Nude polish in the shade “225 Bare It All” but any white or nude polish would look good!)
- A top coat
- A base coat
- Striping tape (or cut some clear tape in half and then half again length ways!)
- Remove your previous nail colour if you have one on and then apply a layer of your base coat all over your nail (I’ve got to be honest, I just used my top coat for this step and they are really similar so don’t fret if you don’t have one!)
- Apply your base colour. Use as many coats as needed until the colour is opaque (my base colour needed three coats until the colour was good but this was just mine!)
- Now for the fun part! When your base colour is completely dry, stick your striping tape on your nail in a design of your choice- be creative! Create enough sections for the amount of colours you want to use- I had three so I used 2 peices of tape for each nail. On each of my nails I did a different thing and it ended up looking pretty cool! (Sorry for the amount of exclamation marks, it’s almost Christmas and I’m really,really,REALLY excited!) Just a tip for you all though- it’s a good idea to use this step on all of the nails you are using this design for before you start the next step- I was there with wet nails trying to stick striping tape on another nail and it was a bit of a mess!
- Apply your colours in the sections you have created. Apply as many coats as you need until the polish is opaque.
- Do clean ups and apply a top coat. And you’re done!
Thank you very much for reading! If you try it out please comment a pic for me to see and I’ll try to reply as well! As ever, if you like this style of post please like it or comment! Have SUCH an amazing Christmas and see you soon!
PS: sorry about the blurr in the pictures I didn’t know how bad they were until I looked back!